Global Mining Services
- Monthly Australian GST reporting process automated, including significant improvements in exception reporting and dashboards to provide data visualisations. Automation design also allowed for replication of process for New Zealand tax requirements with minimal effort.
Current State Scenario
- Total effort 4-5 days to prepare and lodge GST return:
- Approx. 3 days effort for offshore processing team
- Approx 1.5 days effort onshore tax team
- GST process could not start until offshore team had completed their work
- Minimal exception reporting due to time constraints
- Total time for process to run 5 mins (includes 5 new exception reporting tasks).
- Australian Tax team self-sufficient as no longer waiting for offshore team to complete ‘robot-like’ tasks
- More accurate and timely results
- Full audit trail of every change made to data files